IVD Wiki from Genrui
On 16-18 August, Medlab Asia & Asia Health 2023 was held in Bangkok, Thailand.Genrui, one of the IVD providers, has 5 categories of products to shine during the exhibition, including hematology, c...Read More >
The 75th AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo was held at Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim on July 25-27. As a global scientific and medical professional organization dedicated t...Read More >
MEDLAB is the leading exhibition in the laboratory equipment industry in the Middle East, attracting countless audiences. From 6th to 9th, February, 2023, MEDLAB was held at Dubai World Trade Centre. ...Read More >
Fully automated biochemistry analyzers are widely used for their fastness, accuracy and good economic benefits. Among the many brands of fully automated biochemistry analyzers, most of the instruments use open-type reagents, so that one instrument is used for different inspection items. Reagents produced by different manufacturers, coupled with incorrect operations in daily work, resulted in unexplained test results (except for the disease itself and medication factors) for the same test several times within a few days before and after the same patient. How to ensure the inspection quality of the tested specimens, we should start from the following points:
1. The fully automated biochemistry analyzer correctly collects blood samples from patients
2. All kinds of reagents of the fully automated biochemistry analyzer are contraindicated to be added all the year round
All kinds of liquid reagents used on the machine are in the reagent compartment of the automatic biochemical analysis instrument. Because the reagent bottle cap has been removed, the stability and biological activity of the reagent will drop rapidly. Dilute new reagents for expired or expired reagents, so that the quality or biological activity of the newly added reagents will decrease or even become invalid. The amount should be increased according to the amount of daily work samples, and the residual reagents in the bottle should be discarded before adding new reagents.
3. Reagents of the same brand and different batch numbers of the fully automated biochemistry analyzer cannot be mixed
The quality of reagents with different batch numbers of the same brand is not the same, and the activity of the reagents is different. Mixing reagents of the same brand with different batch numbers cannot fully meet the standard requirements.
4. The fully automated biochemistry analyzer needs to be re-calibrated after adding reagents, and the standard solution is ready to use
After the reagent is added, the stability and biological activity of the reagent have changed. If the calibration is not re-calibrated, the test result will be high or low. After the reagent is added, the item must be re-calibrated.
5. Reagents from different manufacturers of the fully automated biochemistry analyzer are prohibited from calibrating with the same standard solution
Although the analysis methods of reagents produced by different manufacturers are the same, the amounts of various components in the reagents are not exactly the same, and the standards used should be different. Therefore, the reagents of the same components in the samples produced by different manufacturers are equipped with standards. Only when the reagents match the standards, the measured components in the samples after calibration can be close to the real values.
6. The quality control of the fully automated biochemistry analyzer must use three samples of high, medium and low values to be measured with patient samples every day
The quality of quality control is a measure to evaluate the accuracy of the samples tested every day. In the daily tested samples, the tested components have high, low and middle values, and the corresponding quality control products also have high, low, and median values. At the same time, there should be quality control samples with high, medium and low values before, during and after the determination process. Only in this way can the results of the various tested components in each sample be true, valid and reliable.
7. The fully automated biochemistry analyzer uses fresh distilled water to dissolve dry powder standard products and quality control products
The deionized water used for reconstituting dry powder standards and quality control products should be newly prepared by a water maker. Dissolving dry powder standards and controls can alter the chemical and physical properties of the standards and controls.
8. The cuvette of the fully automated biochemistry analyzer must be re-calibrated after cleaning with cleaning solution and photoelectric calibration to determine clinical specimens
After cleaning, the light transmittance and uniformity of each cuvette are improved, and the measured values of various blanks have corresponding changes. Only after re-calibration of each test item can it be used for the determination of clinical specimens.
9. Do a good job in the maintenance and maintenance of automatic biochemical analysis instruments
Strictly follow the operation and use procedures of the instrument, do daily maintenance, weekly maintenance, monthly maintenance, quarterly maintenance, and measure the cup blank every week. If any cuvette error is detected, take out the corresponding cuvette and use a lens cleaning cloth Wipe the optical surface, do photoelectric correction on the wiped cuvette, and replace it if there is any error.